Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hop up out the Benz, Turn my Swag On

Don't let the rain come down on me take me back where I wanna be I need blue waters dance on the shore step inside of my dreams once more show your true colors carry me away take me back where the music plays.


When I hear/think those words, I think a lot of things, and a lot of places. None necessarily more so than others, but whatever happens to come to mind is always beautiful.

This jam of all jams (I'm thinking it's a 9.5-10. I'll do a "10" post one of these days, just to let you know how this scale works) was originally brought to my attention by, a one, Acid Rain. And since someone bumped it somewhere along 80 on the way from the Shump Palace to the Shump Barn it's always brought a huge smile to my face. Also, I lied earlier - almost every time I hear this song I'm back in Mexico.

Black Rock ft. Debra Andrew - Blue Water

(right click/ctl click, "open in new tab")

And let the music take you away

P.S. A lot of the time this song takes me back to Europe, too.

But it also takes me back to the back of a big red pickup truck in a parking lot in the sun.

No comments:

 
counter on blogger