Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Dedication



A dedication is an interesting concept. I think the real meaning only comes across when you have created somethng yourself and are then saying you made it for someone in particular

So, with that in mind, I guess this isn't a dedication so much as a hey, while I didn't make this, if I had, it would have been dedicated to you

The first is to Thor because when I think about T.I., a lot of things cross my mind, but one that always does is Thor and his beautiful Nordic self

The Dream also once again demonstrates why he is the "Radio Killaaa"
The combination of the two
Takes me to a place that only exists in the mind
And can only be reached through
A
State
Of
Euphoria.

The-Dream ft. TI: Love Again

The next is to a one Richard Squeezer. The reason being, we are about to begin a journey in which we attempt to do something that, if we were to tell one about our desires and aspirations, the majority would tell us we don't stand a chance

In this song, the chorus delivers the supposed reality that many of us witness and can identify with, but the beat, verse and mood indicate that despite the supposed impossibilities we are presented with, if we choose to be blissfully ignorant in our belief of the contrary and pursue our dreams...they will become our reality

B.o.B ft. Janelle Monae: The Kids


If you don't feel like you are Richard Squeezer or Thor, and you're like what the fuck. Fear not, this is dedicated to you. The point here is, there's nothing profound about this at all, in fact, it has subject matter that a lot of people would happily point out to you is very played out, nevertheless, there's a lot of feeling in it. Since it is not, please allow me to be profound

Treat this as a test about what your outlook is towards things that are new to you

If when you are approached with something foreign to you, and your immediate desire is always to try and find a reason to love it, you will love this song and immediately enjoy it for what it is, and, in my opinion, have the right outlook on life and are destined for great things as only good can come from following your heart

If, on the other hand, you are looking to critique, are looking for flaws, you can find them. And then you can say it's not good. And you don't like it. And it sucks. And you don't understand why or how someone could like it. And you don't like when people say they like it. And you argue with people who ignorantly dance around loving it.

I will let you in on a secret... you are a HATER and more than anyone, this track is dedicated to you. Don't fret though, there is hope, you can always find flaws or faults in anything, no one's perfect. Let love into your heart, it's like a drug, I promise

Baby Boy ft. Yung LA: Stuntin

Happy belated 420 errbody
 
counter on blogger