
Before I begin, I want to start by throwing a shoutout to my boy DJ Shizzybaby. For the man who showed me I'm so Paid, Big Dog, introduced to me Drake and brought Wiz Khalifa to a sand-covered parking lot near you, his track selection has continued to impress me. And I've never much been one for rap and, or what you youngsters seem to be calling ah, hip-hop, these days. Props, sir. Please continue discovering.
On a related note - I arrived home Friday, or maybe yesterday, from my job at a local coffee shop. (Blows Starbullshit out of the water, by the way. And I can make a mean latte now.) I had been devouring coffee drinks all day and when I got back and sat down all the caffeine caught up with me. Needless to say, I took my shaking hands to the keyboard and hit up the blogosphere in search of some much needed release.
Now, I'm a pretty big Guetta fan (except for his latest album. Not too sexy), but to be honest, Guetta-esque, bass-hammering, pure thunder-on-the-dancefloor type house really just gives me a headache. But I found these two tracks and their bass lines are just smooth enough to give your pounding headache a rest, all while still being able to rock out on the dance floor.
So do yourselves a favor and holler at: (right click, save as, ya dig?)
Solange - Would've Been the One (Edwin Van Cleef Remix)
Mansion - Gasaida

No comments:
Post a Comment