Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lifelike



Lifelike is, you guessed it, French. Somehow this country manages to pop out incredible producers time and again. To my friends across the Atlantic: thank you. For hours upon ours of ear-splitting ecstasy. Seriously.

These are the last three tracks I've downloaded by Lifelike. I don't know how old they are but I do know that I spend a lot of time on the train every morning to work nodding my head back and forth. With my stunna shades on.

I judge songs on their ability to take me somewhere new, to change how I'm feeling. To, in all essence, create, however momentarily, a new world. These three tracks take me to that exact moment in time when, looking out over some gorgeous coastline, snow-studded mountains, or Gothic-spire riddled city square, the moment of overwhelming nostalgia from knowing this is one of my last seconds in that place sets in and, taking that first long draw from the blunt, I close my eyes, reopen them and let my anxiety float away with the smoke, and ingrain forever in my memory that most fleeting of all emotional releases.

Lifelike - Radio 84


Lifelike - Discomachine



Lifelike - So Electric

No comments:

 
counter on blogger