
The days are getting shorter, leaves are falling, etc. Let's not fight the waning days and but embrace the night.
Gemini Club - Ghost (Barresto Remix)
Tonight I'll cool you down...
Super Mal - Rock the Night (Lenno Remix)
And where would a post about embracing the night be without everyone's favorite nighttime French disco dancefloor king?
Florrie - Fascinate Me (Fred Falke Edit)
She's hot, she's got some amazing sounds, and the remixes of her band's e-lec-tron-ic disco moves have knocked me off my feet time and time again.
I'll be honest - I'm saving my favorite for last. There's something about a song that repeats the same vocals over and over but is still able to captivate and move that always gets me. It's funny how a song about heartbreak can be so upbeat. I suppose it's a musical illustration of that old "when one door closes another opens" metaphor everyone loves to spit out when something shitty happens. Funny part is the rest of the quotation reads: "but we often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
Get up and start looking forward. Don't gaze longingly at the sunset babycakes - just embrace the night.
BURNS and Fred Falke - You Stopped Loving Me (Y.S.L.M) (Treasure Fingers Remix)

No comments:
Post a Comment