
In honor of Mr. Khalifa's theme song for college (or at least college as I experienced it) I'd like to share with you a few recent additions to my iTunes that have kept my pod spinning on repeat whenever I roll to the roof for a little solo session.
The first is dj Agent 86 - Wavestate This, as well as the other two, have a little bit of a "Night at the Roxbury" feel, at least to begin with. But I like how this one in particular fucks around with the vocals and then kind of turns the tables on your ears completely by the time the track is done.
Next up is by a favorite of mine, Lifelike. This one's called L.O.V.E is what you need and I'll admit, it's repetitive. But I suppose I enjoy the trance-y feel it gives off and I can say without hesitation that L.O.V.E is really what everyone needs. Besides, I can just picture Mr. Ordonez and dp Fury singing this either to themselves in the mirror or to each other, in a steamy bathroom. That shit's funny.
Number three is a little slower and has no vocals, or at least, intelligible vocals. But it's a very chilled-out beat and definitely something to de-stress to.
Kimouts - Sometimes (diogenes club remix)
So roll, push play, and burn. Please. But make sure Wiz's Empire of the Sun track is on the playlist, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment